Monday, March 2, 2009

In Memory.....



Just this past week I found out some very sad news about a dear friend of mine from home. I have been friends with Kylie since I was about 16 years old. We went to Girl's camp together, Stake Dances, and other fun things where we would just hang out. We have remained good friends even though we lived many miles away. We would email and instant message each other. Kylie was the one who told me while "chatting" about Middleton High School being on fire when she lived halfway around the world!! I hadn't heard from her in awhile and had been trying to get in touch with her again so this past week I sent her husband an email asking him to have Kylie email me. He wrote back to me and shared with me that she had passed away. He said she had been suffering from depression for some time and the pain became too much and she took her own life. I was totally shocked. I am so heartbroken for her and her family. She leaves behind a loving husband and 3 beautiful children. It is so sad to me. She was married in the temple, and had so much. I am just so thankful for the Savior. He knows us, and he is the only one who can know what we are going through. I know he can heal us and make us whole. I am grateful to know she is in a better place where she is free of the pain and suffering she must have felt. She was a dear friend, and will be sadly missed.


An old picture of the two of us, in happier times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rebecca! I am so sorry! Depression is such a real thing to those who are living it everyday and it is not our place to judge others who take their own life. The Lord knows all and thankfully will be judge.

Isn't it wonderful we have knowledge of the Savior and what he did for us so we can be made whole! Here are some words from one of the Easter songs we are singing as a ward choir. I love this song, it makes me cry because I think of my brother who just passed away. Such words of comfort and hope in the eternal world!

Long Ago, within a Garden
Adam Tasted of a tree
Death would be our Awful burden
Only One could set us free.

Jesus came to win a pardon
For us in Gethsemane
Humbly suffering in a garden
crucified on Calvary.

In a tomb within a garden
people went to where he lay
Angles told them "He Is Risen"
on that glorious Easter Day.

Come to Christ and be forgiven
Taste the fruit of Father's Tree
Sweetest fruit of all His garden
Dwell with Him eternally!

Alleluia! Alleluia!
Jesus Came to Set us Free!
Lamb of God and true Messiah
Song of Joy we Raise to Thee!

Just because we live the gospel doesn't mean we won't have hard times. But it does give us hope in the future and gives us a reason to carry on.

We love you and hope that you find peace at this time.

Love

Candee

Curtis and Deedra said...

Oh wow, that is so sad. We have an aunt on my husband's side who is kind of going through the same thing. She's been having depression and pain that no doctor has figured out. She's constantly in pain and has thought to take her own life several times. Luckily she has not. She is such a wonderful person, we would hate to lose her.
It seems like depression is affecting more people these days and it is so sad to hear stories like this.
I'm so sorry for your loss. May the spirit comfort you and her family.

Holly said...

I am sooooo sorry!
I will try to call you tomorrow!